"Not everyone is going to like me, what I do or the way I am, but instead of getting upset about it I have learnt not to care."
Today I have decided after refelcting on my life, I came to realise I've learnt a few things that I feel have been cruitical to me. These few things for me have changed my outlook on the world and the way I feel from with in, don't get me wrong these aren't in my eyes particially big things but for me they have helped me massively. So I thought why not go ahead and write about them?
If you're anything like me, then I'm sure you can appriciate that learning new things is particually important, I personally feel it can widen your outlook on certain things. Whether that be new make-up techniques to blogging tips or even just something you have picked up over time. So lets take a look at how I came to be inspired by this post, I'll talk about this a little later after I've actually told you the things I have learnt that have or will change my outlook on certain situations.
1. I came to realise no one's life is perfect and we only see what they want us to see - everyone has their flaws, their own story and certain situations may have made them the way they are. The internet has recently blown up, many people will post photos or videos that they want to share but we only see what they want you to see not what really happens behind closed doors...
2. Instead of looking at other people and then comparing myself to them as I would always do - whether that be how they look, their physique or their hair. I have instead learnt how to simplify the process for example, if I think their pretty I'll tell them, if I like their physique I try to think of ways to improve my own physique. I have personally found not comparing myself to others makes me feel much happier and positive in my own body.
3. If I look at someones Instagram account and like the theme they have, the vibe they express or the way they edit their photos. I choose to learn from this. I'll come up with my own theme, edit my photos in my own particular way I like and constantly make my Instagram look better.
4. I have slowly come to accept how I am! What I dont like about my body, what I do like about my body and most importantly learnt to love myself. I have choosen to use these to my own advantage, instead of feeling negative about these things I am choosing to turn them into positives; for example in the gym, my eating habits and the way I feel about myself.
5. I have learnt not everyone is going to like me, what I do or the way I am, but instead of getting upset about it I have learnt not to care. You can't control how other people feel or think about you - but that's okay!
6. If I want to do something I'm really pasionate about but seem to keep putting it off because of fear of peoples reaction. I have learnt not to care what they think and use it to fuel me, I'll take the leap and chase my dream!
7. I have realised there really is no such thing as "the right time" so stop waiting and simply go for it!
8. You are normally much better than you give yourself credit for - to one person you may be their world and to another you may be nothing. But learn to believe in yourself, be proud for any achievments and know who you are.
9. I have realised it's much better to stay focused, learn to push, learn how to motivate yourself, love the grind and every step you have to take into building what you want. Never give up!
10. I have learnt not to dwell on the negatives and instead I try to focus on the positives.
11. Most importantly stay true to who you are, don't change yourself in order to please someone else.
12. Learn to love the process of growing up, don't wish your childhood away because those will be the best years you'll ever get to experience.
13. Disagreements happen, arguements happen and that's okay, but learn from the arguement, learn what not to do next time, but nevet simply choose to agree with someone because it makes things easier, you have your own views and opinions - so stick to them.
After I wrote down these points in my notepad about what I've learnt I realised I have been so much more positive in myself and hopefully in the way other people see me. For me I like to think my main focus and goal in life is to be as happy as I can be, take every day as it comes and make the most out of bad situations.
I am finally proud of myself and everything I do. I may not yet have reached my dreams/goals but that's what keeps me going, little achievements are so important and since I decided to really give myself a break from negative thoughts I know I'll get there faster.
If you liked this post, why not have a brainstorming session on a few things you've recently learnt? - I'm sure there will be more things than you expected, just like me and that's how I was inspired by this blog. Let me know if you've enjoyed this post, your thoughts and feedback as I love to hear what you guys think!! If you do have anything you would particularly like me to write about then get in touch, thank you x
My passion has always been writing, I love to express myself 'thatbridgegirl' features Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle/Personal posts