"Living with Cal has made me realise it really is nothing like the movies, you will disagree on things, have silly little arguments and sometimes need a little space. However I really do feel like finally I have found my one and only, I have never gotten on with someone the way I do with Cal he is literally my bestest friend I can tell him absolutely everything and anything."
So if you have read my blog, you will already be aware me and Cal decided to rent our first home together back in December 2015.
I thought it's about time I fill you all in on how I have found living with Cal and I can assure you I was in for a massive shock! Here's a few facts about me first:
1. I am a girl - therefore I have many clothes and beauty products.
2. I am usually messy - despite how embarrassing this is, I am the girl whose bedroom was always a floordrobe. (Yes I would clamber over my clothes just to reach my bed!!)
3. I hate cooking, meal prepping and spending money on food - at home my mum always had dinner on the table for me, meaning I never really worried about food at all, let alone spending money on it.
4. I'm the worst morning person - don't get me wrong when I need to get up I will with no problem. However when I do not have plans I love to have a cheeky lay in. I also do not appreciate being woken up, you will be garenteed the following phases..."fuck off" "go away" "I don't want to get up yet" "why" and "leave me alone" sorry!
So here's a few facts about Calum:
1. He has OCD - by this I mean he likes things to belong and stay in there particular places. He has to do the cleaning as "I don't do it properly" he also has to do the cooking etc - it's a pain in the bum sometimes and we disagree over this a lot!
2. He is absolutely gym obsessed - he has to go 6 days a week for at least 2 hours!! He will weigh every single piece of food he consumes and of course track it on his phone. He stands in front of the mirror uncountable times a day to check his progress - basically his body is his temple. Good for me to admire and feel though HEY!
3. He loves a cheat day - now most gym addicts have either a cheat day or a cheat meal. However Cal will always have a full on day of none stop eating, until he is physically sick.. He will never be able to walk away from Asda until he has spent god knows how much money on food! (my pet hate)
4. He has an extremely annoying personality - anyone who knows Cal will probably have a little giggle about this one. He loves to know he can annoy you and never knows when to stop. It will be continuous and constant (luckily somehow I manage to put up with this and end up historically crying of laughter numerous times a day!!)
Hopefully now you'll feel you know us both a little better. Here we are nearly a year after renting our first home and ready to look for home number 2. (We also haven't killed each other just yet!)
It's safe to say our first home together has bought many hurdles along the way, you'll understand this better from my previous blog "Suffer in silence". There has definitely been a lot to learn about each other after living together, there's simply nothing we don't share with each other!
We both love our flat, the location has been perfect for us especially me as I am literally a 5 minute walk from my parents house, my older sister, my brother and my nana which has always been something I wanted before we moved here due to certain circumstances. Not to mention also being a 5 minute walk into town and Calum's work - just perfect and couldn't have asked for anything more!!
The rent here really has been a massive shock to the both of us though, at £1100 a month for a one bedroomed flat. I can honestly say this took a little getting used to, each month we manage to pay our personal bills, the rent and buy food with a weekly cheat day. Occasionally we are able to do the luxuries like eating out, cinema trips and sometimes I will go out with the girls to pubs or clubs. Unfortunatly a monthly clothes or make up spree is a thing of the past! Cambridge is a ridiculously expensive place to live in and most the time it feels like you're earning money and seeing none of it.
Of course we we knew there were going to be both positives and negatives to renting our first home together in Cambridge and I wouldn't change any of it for the world.
We have both decided to hand in our final months notice here at 10 Coldhams Lane as we now feel ready to look for something more suitable in price and we are now ready for a house with a garden or a bigger flat with a balcony. (It's safe to say we miss the BBQ's and sunbathing)
Living with Cal has made me realise it really is nothing like the movies, you will disagree on things, have silly little arguments and sometimes need a little space. However I really do feel like finally I have found my one and only, I have never gotten on with someone the way I do with Cal he is literally my bestest friend I can tell him absolutely everything and anything. I can scream and shout at him when times get hard or he annoys me, without him taking it personally or arguing with me over it. I don't cry very often, but when I do I only do it with him, even if this means my mascara is running down my face and I've been crying for hours and hours in the middle of the night until 3/4am (Yes I have done this.. "sorry Cal").
Also I am able to sit beside him on the sofa being unsocialable while I plan and write my blog, while he watches his YouTube channels or plays his music, screaming at the TV while playing FIFA without any problems. Luckily we know everything in our relationship is fair, so if he ever needed to cry or vent he also can (not that he ever does).
Cal really is the most annoying human I have ever met, we both get on each others nerves and sometimes I want to strangle him or he wants to strangle me.. But we also have so much fun together, from play fighting to watching stupid funny videos until stupid hours in the morning or eating ourselves sick. I will always happily choose a night in with him watching our Netflix seasons - at the moment we're watching Luke Cage and Designated Surviour which are both amazing!! We also both feel free to go out with our friends and socialise. (Usually me.. ending up drunk and needing Cal to meet me so we can walk home together, or me stumbling home at 3am for cuddles and a chat... (my bad).
Of course we also squabble about silly things like I haven't shut my draw properly without leaving something sticking out or I've smeared the mirrors with make up and other petty little things like his annoying porridge bowls he leaves in the microwave without washing it up!
He is my absolute world, the one who helps me through life everyday - he really is my rock. Cal has been amazing throughout all of my struggles and I really will never be able to thank him enough. I have no idea where I would be in life if I had to go through all the shit that I have on my own! He is always somehow pulling me through the other side to brighter lights, when I am emotional or unable to eat due to a migraine he will always be in bed beside me with a smile, a coffee and some pain killers.
Sometimes I do not know how this boy has been by my side throughout everything without killing me, because I can openly admit I really am hard work!! Amazingly somehow we are ready to move onto bigger better things and our 2nd home together - let the hunt begin! I just wanted to sayTHANK YOU Cal for all that you have done and continue to do for me. You give me hope and everything I could ever need or want. You're truly amazing, my world and I love you more than anything! Thank you for putting up with me for so long, let alone living with me and for motivating me in the gym and stopping me from eating pizza and sweets everyday of my life and becoming fat!
Have you recently moved in with your other half? How has your experience been? Do you openly know your flaws?
I hope you've enjoyed your read! Feel free to leave any comments or questions below. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.
My passion has always been writing, I love to express myself 'thatbridgegirl' features Beauty, Fashion, Fitness and Lifestyle/Personal posts